Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Is this cheating?

My wife has MS. In addition to losing intensity of taste, touch, smell, and declining coordination, she's lost her sex drive. Not surprising. Sex has become very frustrating for her – it's very difficult for her to climax, and when she does, it just doesn't feel nearly as intense as it used to. To top it off, she started an antidepressant a few weeks ago. Whatever smoldering embers of her passion that were left were effectively doused by that bucket of cold water. We'd already tried all the various tricks, tools and techniques we could come up with anyway.

Well, I could come up with, anyway.

My sex drive, however, is still as strong as ever. She knows this and feels guilty about it, though I try to provide her with reassurances I can be self-sufficient about my sexual gratification.

But I don't know if I can go through the rest of my life without getting laid. This is starting to look like a distinct possibility.

So, what do I do? Reconcile myself to a life of masturbation?

I don't want an affair – I've found my life partner.

If I see a professional, would I be cheating?

Would it make me a bad person?

Posted by FeeBandolier. To reply to this post, click HERE.