Thursday, April 20, 2006

Roving Commission

To me, the most amusing thing about Rove's semi-departure is that it's being spun (and accepted) as a response to Rove's policy failures, and as a chance for him to exercise his vaunted political talents on behalf of Congressional Republicans in 2006.

As a Democrat, I'm told that this news should fill my heart with dread. But I can't imagine why.

Karl Rove's brand of politics is all about glitzy media events, two-sentence talking points, relentless repetition, personal attacks, and dishonesty. Those techniques used to be effective, to be sure, but the public seems to be developing an immunity to them.

Put it this way: if Rove's act was still playing in Peoria, Bush's numbers wouldn't be in the low 30s.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope Rove goes out and does for every Republican candidate exactly what he's doing for George W. Bush.

Posted by .
To reply to this post, click HERE. Requires Microsoft Passport.
Tags: | | | | | |