1. There's no such thing as a good beat.
2. The better your hand, the more money you will lose.
3. The bigger the idiot, the more money (of yours) he will end up with.
4. Quit while you're behind, not when you're ahead.
5. All-in is almost always the wrong move.
6. Fold is the most underrated move in poker.
7. Most of the so-called legends of poker have no better idea of what they're doing than you do.
8. Aggression is the key to victory; passivity is certain defeat (but don't go crazy either way).
9. Cards are of secondary importance.
10. Money is of tertiary importance.