Tuesday, June 27, 2006

This Blog is Fixed

This blog was broke. It took a little over a month, and a couple of requests (the first one sent to the wrong persons I’m guessing), but Technorati is now indexing bestofthefray again. Joy. I’m pretty sure the fix is due to my last request (about a week old, go here), but I can't say for sure because aside from the auto-response, there was no notification that the problem had been addressed.

Anyway, the moral of the story is don’t ping Technorati. Be patient, and let whatever built-in software (Weblog notifications I’m guessing) do it at its own pace. My initial mistake was assuming Technorati wouldn’t list my blog at the top of the tag search if the entry was old, so I wanted it indexed right away. I no longer believe this to be the case.

Also, although tag listings did generate some traffic, Technorati’s real favor is their partnering with major outlets like WaPo, AP, Newsweek and now Slate.

filed under: | | | |